Brazilian pork stew
Seriously tasty, dark and delicious Brazilian pork stew with sweet potato, orange and cocoa – hard to find a one-pot meal that beats this
2 hours 15 mins
BRAZILIAN PORK STEW
I adapted this recipe from the BBC Good Food website click here to make it Slimming world friendly. This is definitely one of the nicest one-pot stews I’ve made, and it’s full of Speed and Protein so great news for your weight-loss! The orange and cocoa add a deep richness, the chilli a little hint of spice and sweet potato lifts it with sweetness and the black beans and pork make it filling and satisfying.
Brazilian pork stew
Seriously tasty, dark and delicious Brazilian pork stew with sweet potato, orange and cocoa- hard to find a one-pot meal that beats this! Syns: 1.5 per portionPrint Recipe
- 500 g approx pork fillet (cut into chunks)
- 2 onions
- 2 celery sticks
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp allspice
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 red chillies finely chopped
- 500 g sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 2 red peppers deseeded and diced
- 2 cans black beans drained and rinsed
- Pre-heat oven to 160c
- Fry the pork pieces in Frylight until slightly browned, and then add the onion, celery and bay leaves
- Fry for 3-5 minutes, keep stirring
- Add the cumin, coriander and allspice and stir fry for a further minute
- Crumble in the stock cube and add the tinned tomatoes, cocoa powder, sugar, red wine vinegar, chilli, orange juice and zest. Stir well and bring up to a simmer
- Stir in the sweet potatoes, peppers and black beans, bring up to a simmer, pop a lid on and put it into the oven (160c) for 2 hours.
Lovely on it’s own, or with brown rice and extra green veg.
Tried this recipe?Mention @the_slimming_foodie or tag #theslimmingfoodie!
This recipe looks great! Can I use any other pork cuts?
Cooked this last night and the whole family loved it!