By far my favourite healthy breakfast!
Syns: 2 per portion
Healthy extra: B
- 210 g porridge oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 125 g fresh or frozen blueberries
- 8 tbsp fat free natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- low calorie cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients (oats, baking powder, ground almonds, cinnamon, salt) and then add the blueberries.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, yoghurt, vanilla extract and maple syrup
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture
- Spray an oven proof baking dish with low-calorie cooking spray and spoon in the mixture. Spray the top of the mixture with the cooking spray and pop onto the middle tray of the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on the top and cooked through in the middle (a cake-like consistency)
- Delicious served with fat-free yoghurt and fresh berries
If you bake these at the beginning of the week, they reheat perfectly in the microwave for a quick breakfast for the rest of the week.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes