A healthy and delicious beef stroganoff- comfort food at it’s best!
Syns: 1.5 syns per portion (cornflour- 1 syn total and sour cream 1.5 syns for 3 tbsp)
Healthy Extra: none
- Low calorie cooking spray or spray oil
- 500 g thin frying steak (sliced into strips)
- 1 onion (sliced into half moons)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 200 g button mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 500 ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp low fat sour cream
- salt and pepper
- low calorie cooking spray/spray oil
- parsley to garnish
- In a large, deep frying pan, fry the onions gently in low calorie cooking spray (or spray oil) until soft- about 4 minutes
- Add the garlic, stir fry for another minute, and then add in the steak. Fry gently for a few minutes, until browned on the outside
- Add the tomato puree and the cornflour and stir through the other ingredients, then add half the beef stock.
- Stir everything well to combine, then add the mustard, garlic powder, paprika & worcestershire sauce, stirring them through the sauce.
- Add in the mushrooms, pour in the remaining stock and season with salt and pepper. Allow to simmer gently, uncovered for 25 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking time, gently warm your sour cream, either in a small pan, or in the microwave, and then add it to the beef mixture (this will prevent it from separating)
- Serve with chopped, fresh parsley sprinkled over the top.
It’s always important to me how my food looks when I serve it- a sprinkle of paprika, a bit of black pepper and some fresh parsley complement this perfectly!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Russian
Keywords: Autumn, comfort, one-pot