A delicious and more-ish take on BBQ pulled pork using apples for natural sweetness
Syns: 0.75 per portion (cooked apple)
- 800 g approx pork loin joint, any fat removed
- 2 large cooking apples (approx 200g apple once peeled and cored, chopped into chunks)
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp garlic powder/granules
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 200 ml chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 160c
- Mix together the cider vinegar, tomato puree, garlic granules, onion powder, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, cinnamon, paprika, ground ginger, and mix into a paste.
- Stir the paste into the chicken stock
- Remove all of the fat from the pork loin joint, and place into a large casserole dish. Add the chopped apple into the dish, and pour over the sauce.
- Pop the lid on, and put into the oven for 1.5 hours. Bring it out just to stir, break down the apple with a wooden spoon and cover the pork with the sauce.
- Pop back into the oven for another 1.5 hours. Once finished cooking, pull the pork apart with 2 forks, stirring thoroughly into the sauce.
This would be lovely with some extra added spice- I plan to try habanero tabasco in it!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours