Lemony turmeric potato and chicken traybake
An easy traybake that’s bursting with flavour!
LEMONY TURMERIC POTATO AND CHICKEN TRAYBAKE
Disclosure: This is a commissioned recipe post for Tesco Jersey Royal New Potatoes
You know Spring has well and truly arrived when Tesco Jersey New Potatoes arrive in store (find them here!)– these little beauties are seasonal and only available between April and July. To celebrate their arrival in Tesco stores this year, I have created this delicious recipe- it’s super easy to throw together and baked all in one go in a baking tray which makes it completely hassle free! The flavours in it are all family friendly, and this is the perfect weeknight dinner to feed the whole family.
What’s special about Tesco Jersey Royal New Potatoes?
I have always loved these little potatoes as they are full of that earthy freshness that you get with new potatoes, and I love that they come in such a cute size- not only do they look great in any dish, they are also very popular with my kids thanks to being bite-sized! These potatoes have an iconic kidney shape, and a pleasingly waxy texture, with delicate skins that do not need to be removed prior to cooking. They can be steamed, roasted or boiled (beautiful just done simply with some fresh mint).
With a 140 year heritage, Tesco Jersey Royals can only be grown on the island of Jersey, and are produced and harvested using many traditional practices- they are planted by hand, and are fertilised using seaweed harvested from Jersey beaches- you can’t get much more wholesome than that.
Tesco Jersey Royals also carry the EU Protected Designation of Origin mark of authenticity, this means that a product has been produced, processed and prepared in one area, and has distinct characteristics from this area. The product must also be made using distinct local knowledge.
LEMONY TURMERIC POTATO AND CHICKEN TRAYBAKE: STEP-BY-STEP:
1.Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. In a small bowl, mix together 1 tbsp turmeric, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp nigella seeds and the zest of 2 lemons
2. Mix the juice of 2 lemons, 4 cloves of garlic (crushed or finely chopped) and 1/2 tbsp olive oil into the spice mix
3. Chop the Tesco Jersey Royal New Potatoes into halves/thirds (depending on size) to create roughly even sized potato chunks
4. Roughly chop up a red pepper, a red onion, and 3-4 chicken breasts
5. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the chopped potatoes, chicken chunks, onion, pepper and a handful chopped fresh coriander
6. Stir through the lemony spice mix thoroughly, and then season with salt & pepper
7. Spread out evenly into a deep baking tray
8. Oven bake for 50 minutes, stirring half way through cooking
9. Serve up with green veg such as spinach, rocket, asparagus and green beans
Do you want more Tesco Jersey Royal New Potato recipe ideas? Take a look at these: