win a lakeland digital slow-cooker/multi-cooker
To celebrate the launch of my new book, ‘The Slimming Foodie: Everday meals made healthy, hearty and delicious’, I’ve teamed up with Lakeland and Octopus Books to give you the chance to win this absolutely fantastic 5.5 litre digital slow-cooker & multi-cooker worth £99.99! Here are some of the features:
- 2-in-1 slow cooker and multicooker
- 10 different cooking functions
- Slow cook, steam, fry and sous vide
- 24 hour delay start, 12 hour keep warm
- Easy-read digital LED touchscreen
- 47 x 31.5 x 24cm H. 1500W
- Lakeland 3 year guarantee included
- Come home to a hot meal: At the weekend I love to pop something in the slow-cooker before we go out- there are lots of great meals that only take 5 or 10 minutes to prepare- so that when we come home we walk in to a hot meal, with the house smelling fantastic.
- Simple meals taste great: There’s no need to be an experienced or skilled cook, you can make a great-tasting meal from scratch with no issue at all.
- Low cost: As the slow-cooker is low wattage, it’s a much more energy efficient- and therefore cheaper- way to cook then cooking for longer times in the oven.
- Healthy meals: It’s easy to make low-fat meals in the slow-cooker, as you tend to cook foods in stock or sauce and poach or braise meats rather than fry. Trimming away excess fat from your meat before adding them to the slow-cooker can keep the meals nice and lean.
- Batch cooking: You can make a big batch in a slow-cooker, and then freeze some portions for another day. It’s also a great way to cook for a group of friends or family as you don’t need to spend all of your time in the kitchen!
- Great for cheaper cuts of meat: Because of the long, slow-cooking, cheaper cuts of meat which might have otherwise been tough will emerge tender and delectable!
How do I enter the competition?
Haven't got the book yet?
The cookbook is currently available in-store at selected Sainsbury’s, Waterstones, and some independent bookshops, and online (find a full list of retailers here).