The Gear of Goodness has spoken and I’ve got another recipe to cook with Tefal’s Actifry Genius in their Spin Class challenge!
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post with Tefal
I do lots of cooking in my Tefal Actifry- it’s an airfryer that can make a huge variety of dishes using 99% less fat! I’ve been giving the Actifry Genius a test run, it’s got a 1.7kg capacity that can feed up to 8 people (very family-friendly!), but its also a smart cooker (this means that it has 9 automatic settings which can adjust the stirring, cooking and temperature control to cook in the right way for each meal!)
Approaching Christmas, I love cooking hearty, healthy family meals, and there is so much scope to what you can cook in the Actifry! Anything from risotto, to stir-fries to chilli con carne, there is no need to shake, stir or even monitor the cooking, it’s like having a little personal chef looking after it all for you!
I spun the Gear of Goodness, to find out what level I would land on, and the difficulty level of my recipe. I landed on level 2- stepping me up a gear for healthy mid-week treats! So I cooked an easy to make turkey cordon bleu with cheddar- crispy breadcrumbs on the outside, and melty cheddar in the middle, what’s not to love! You can download the Actifry app for free, and sync it with your model of Actifry to see hundreds of recipe suggestions. Each recipe is cleary labelled with its level of difficulty, and details about how many people it will serve, and how long it takes to prep and cook.
Here’s what you need for this recipe:
Turkey cordon bleu with cheddar:
- 4 turkey escalopes (approx 90-100g each)
- 2 slices ham
- 50g cheddar
- 2 eggs
- 60g flour
- 100g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 Actifry spoon olive oil (or just oil spray)
- salt & pepper
- Flatten the escalopes between 2 sheets of baking parchment with a rolling pin. Place a piece of ham and slices of cheddar on one half of each escalope (leave a little space around the edge). Close the cordon bleu and press down the edges to seal. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes and coat each cordon bleu with flour, then dip in egg, and then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Once breaded, place into the Actifry pan, and either brush or spray with oil
- Cook in mode 2- breaded snacks for 15 minutes. If you are using a different style of Actifry, you can just remove the paddle for the first half of cooking, and put it back in for the second half of the cooking time.
Want to learn more about Tefal’s innovative ActiProgramme, which is part of the free Tefal app? Have a look at this video!