MASTER RECIPE TEMPLATE
Perfect for your Christmas turkey leftovers- a tasty, rich curry that is also super-healthy!
Of an adults reference intake
Somehow curry is the perfect antidote to the excesses of Christmas day- especially if it’s one full of veggies and goodness! I made a slightly different one last year (see it here), and this year I really fancied having a go at a turkey rogan josh. It’s nice and easy, all the spices, onion and garlic are blended into a paste and then it’s just a case of adding everything together and simmering it for about half an hour.
Out traditional Boxing Day dinner is actually turkey, chips and beans, but I always loved the idea of the turkey curry buffet from Bridget Jones’ diary, and this year I think we have enough turkey to feed us for a few days!
In this recipe
What is an affiliate link?
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Turkey rogan josh
- 300 g or whatever you have left! cooked turkey
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 400 ml beef stock
- 1 dessertspoon sweetener (or honey if you prefer)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 red peppers deseeded and chopped into chunks
- FOR THE CURRY PASTE
- 3 cm approx piece ginger (no need to peel)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 onion skin removed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 2 fresh green chillies deseeded
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garam masala
- large handful chopped fresh coriander
- low calorie cooking spray or spray oil
- In a blender make a spice paste of ginger, garlic, onion, turmeric, salt & pepper, fresh chillies, paprika and garam masala
- Gently heat a wok or large frying pan, and add in the spice paste. stir fry for 2 minutes on a gentle heat.
- Add the chopped peppers, stir well for about 2 more minutes
- Add in the turkey (roughly chopped) and stir through for a minute
- Add in the tomatoes, tomato puree, lemon juice,beef stock, sweetener and cinnamon stick and stir together thoroughly.
- Simmer gently for 30 minutes
- Serve with basmati rice and sprinkled with fresh coriander. Add some fat-free yoghurt on top to dress it if you like!